ABOUT ME - Maternity
Hello, I am Emily. I am a very patient and calm person with more than 16 years of experience working with children from newborn to teenagers. I now specialise mostly in newborn care but when not maternity nursing I spend my time in France working with all ages as a holiday nanny in a ski resort.
In 2015 I decided to expand my knowledge of working with newborns and undertook my postnatal maternity nurse training at level 4. This has allowed me to specialise in working with parents and their newborns helping them to get acquainted and into a good routine. I have been lucky enough to have worked with single babies, lots of twins, breastfed and formula fed babies, single parents and same sex parents.
I usually favour a structured but flexible routine though I am more than happy to talk to parents and work with the family to find an approach that best fits their way of life when it comes to feeding and sleeping routines.
I always like to be learning something new and regularly sign myself up to new training courses as I love to develop and update my skills as you can see from the courses I have completed below.
I have experience working alongside parents with anxiety, OCD and post natal depression. As well as working with babies who have extra medical needs such as Downs syndrome, Stridor, Laryngomalacia and Jaundice. I have a keen interest in reflux and allergy and helping parents to diagnose and manages reflux and Cows Milk Protein Allergy.
As you may have guessed from my winters spent in ski resorts a big part of my life has been about travelling and seeing new and different parts of the world. I love to visit new places and have experienced living with different cultures in South Africa, Swaziland, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Pakistan and France.
I like to be outside and active and love to snowboard and hike and am a regular attendee at Parkrun on a Saturday morning. Although I am also just as happy to be found curled up inside with a good book or film and some music. I'm a very laid back and calm person who takes everything in her stride.
Having grown up around animals I have no problem working in a home with domestic pets, horses and other smallholding animals and am quite happy to lend a hand with their care and exercise if the need arises.
· OCN Level 3 (2018) Breastfeeding Training for Professionals
· DIPLOMA (2017) Counselling Children and Adolescents
· NCFE Level 2 (2017) Certificate in Understanding Autism
· OCN Level 3 (2016) Advanced Breastfeeding and Nutrition
· OCN Level 4 (2015) Postnatal Maternity Nurse Care
· DIPLOMA (2015) Child Behaviour (Distinction)
· BA (Hons) (2010- 2013) - Health and Social Care
· NCFE Level 2 (2013) Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
· TEFL (2013) Master 140 TEFL Course (Distinction)
· NVQ (2006- 2008) - Level 3 Management
· AVCE (2005) - Health and Social Care
· A-Level (2005) - Psychology
OTHER PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Maternal pregnancy, postnatal Complications and Birth Trauma
· Circumcision - practices and aftercare
· Paediatric First Aid 12 hour
· Reflux and Early Allergies
· Sleep and Sleep Training with Children
· Introduction to Play Therapy
· Developmental Baby Massage
· Teenage Pregnancy Awareness
· Food Safety and Hygiene
· Essential People Management Skills
· NSPCC Child Safeguarding
· Emergency first aid at work
· Early Childhood Education
Emily was friendly and relaxed and we instantly felt comfortable leaving our four month old son with her. He was so chilled out that week we can only think he enjoyed his time with Emily!! I certainly felt relaxed the whole time he was with her
She is a fantastic Nanny and I highly recommend her. She is reliable and conscientious, and she has been great with the children
She was just so lovely, she was like a breath of fresh air! She was very easy to have around. She fitted in, and she wasn't someone who felt strange to have around. She was great with suggesting ideas and suggesting different ways of caring for him.
It was the first time I had left V. apart from with my parents for a few hours and I needn't have worried at all! Emily did a fantastic job and we were really happy with her .
She really helped me with the feeding! She showed me how to do paced feeding, which prevented over feeding – that was useful!
She is an absolute gem. I would give Emily 10 out of 10! I will formally send you something when it’s a bit quieter but please be assured that we couldn’t be happier and plan to have her back next year too!
Thanks for all your help with K, you were absolutely brilliant and J and I are very grateful.